Management Monday – the walk through
Sometimes we need to slow down, take stock and go back to basics. I would suggest that you and your team spend 20 minutes at the end of the day to walk around the practice and really look at its appearance. Day to day use of the practice can leave us all a bit blinkered as to how things really appear…………..Draw up a template and carry out a ‘Walk Through’ every 6 months, things to include?
The exterior of your building:
o Does it need painting?
o Are your windows regularly cleaned?
o Is all signage clear,contemporary and clean?
o Is the parking area weed free?
The practice interior:
- Is the practice clean? I mean REALLY clean?
- Is the paintwork chipped/scuffed?
- Are the magazines current issues?
- Does the practice smell ‘non-dental’? Are you using scented candles or spa oils?
- Noise – lets hope each surgeries are sound proofed – clients in the patient lounges do not want to be listening to ‘the drill’. Do you have relaxing, spa type music in each area? NO radio, or even worse, different types of music in each room…………..
- Is the patient bathroom clean? With good quality handsoap? Flowers, again scented candles, tissues and a hand dryer?
- Are there fresh flowers in all common areas?
- Do the front of house team look professional and highly groomed?
- Interior signage – posters on walls with ‘bluetak’ is a big no no……………..
These are a few of many aspects of your practice that you should be looking at. So, customise your template today and start your walk through this week. What you suddently ‘see’ may be very interesting………..
Providing dentists and their dental team with training programmes to increase results with proven successful methods.
Photography training, Treatment Coordinator Implementation, Practice management training, helping dentists and their teams with wow factor examinations and treatment presentations.
Visit the website today to see how we can help.