It’s been a while…..
Blogging writing and social media were aspects of my work life that I really used to enjoy but since the new year I have not posted hardly a thing. Here’s why:
- Time – my work / life balance is my priority at all times and prioritising I have been
- I am really bored of one particular social media platform so had a break
- I wanted to see if not posting affected by business in anyway (it has not)
- Facebook changed the rules and if you placed anything promotional without paying to boost the post your reach was reduced
- I have been busy planning and have exciting news to share with you this week
- I have been travelling non-stop, mostly by plane this year and instead of staying in hotels I have had some really long days which leaves no time to write /post in the evenings
So why I am writing this post – in short I miss writing and my break from social media is now is over. I have become a massive fan of Instagram on my break but will be partaking in a bit of Facebook, twitter and Pinterest too.
What have I been up to:
- Working with lots of clients but sticking to my strict diary control
- Selling out of visionary days that Mike and I do together (we only block a few dates out a year for them)
- Sitting in seat 3C on many flights to Ireland, N. Ireland, Italy and Spain
- Teaching a practice management course in Belfast and London
- Delivering other one day courses
- Launching and ILM level 3 award in leadership and management
- Launching a radiography for DCPs qualification
- Launching an oral health education and preventative care for DCPs qualification
and so much more! Oh and in the middle of this I decided to cut my hair and have a new ‘do’. I was going for the Taylor Swift look but at 35.75 years of age I haven’t been able to pull it off!
So keep an eye out for posts, if you want to connect on your favourite platform go to my website to get a direct link to my page www.horton-consulting.com
And next week I will have something very exciting to share with you too!