27th February, 2018
01279 888 176
6 days spread over 5 months
27th February 2018 – Leadership and Communication with Laura Horton
27th and 28th of March 2018 – HR with Michael Bentley
24th April 2018 – Sales and Production with Laura Horton
22nd May 2018 – Finance with Michael Bentley
26th June 2018 – Marketing with Laura Horton
This course only runs once per year - book early to avoid disappointment!
£1800 per person, inc VAT
Book before the 17th November, 2017 and save £400 using promo code: PM1
Book before the 21st December, 2017 and save £200 using promo code: PM2
Why Choose Horton Consulting?
- Master practice management with our grass roots knowledge
- Laura and Michael have over 25 years' management experience between them
- Payment plans available and early booking savings
By attending this course you will learn over 30 outcomes:
- Why leadership is essential
- Defining leadership
- Inspiring a shared vision
- Enabling others to act
- Encouraging the team through your leadership
- Influencing skills
- Set capability systems and manage performance
- Have strong verbal skills to be able to deliver a capability and disciplinary hearing
- Know how to prepare and utilize representatives to undertake capability and disciplinary hearings
- Know the best systems to use when recruiting for a new team member and how to use a wide range of tools to support the decision making process
- To understand what the legal requirements are to form a dental contract
- Be able to provide a fair and consistent appraisal that represents a cross section of leadership in your practice, combined with providing the employee a clear up skilling pathway
- How to effectively recall patients – Software of Excellence
- The importance of recalls – Software of Excellence
- Communication systems for recalls – Software of Excellence
- Diary management – why this needs to be controlled
- How to zone a diary for production
- How to ensure the team schedule correctly
- Understand the vital sales systems in the business
- Why the figures are so important to a PM
- What you need to measure
- How to set targets and budgets
- Learn how to set hourly rates and fees correctly
- Understanding your associate profit
- Understanding gross profit
- KPIs the team will understand
- What is marketing?
- Understanding your why
- What is branding?
- Content creation
- Creating a marketing plan for your practice
Practice Management - Book your place
Once you have submitted this form, you will be taken to a secure shopping cart to pay and confirm your booking. Once payment has been processed you will receive your welcome pack by email. If you have not received your welcome pack within 15 minutes please check your junk/spam folder.
What to expect
- Day 1: Leadership and communication.
- Day 2: HR
- Day 3: HR (2)
- Day 4: Sales and Production
- Day 5: Finance
- Day 6: Marketing
This 5 month advanced management course is designed specifically for managers and practice owners to come together as a leadership team and up-skill their management processes. Every vision needs the whole team on board but you have to have the knowledge in systems to support your vision plans to be able to empower your team. The course is delivered by the passionate Horton team, Laura and Michael, who understand the systems and their specific relationship to dentistry. Over a 5 month period you will learn not only theory but also a practical application of elements in the workshops that will provide you with the confidence in providing some of the more difficult skills to master like HR. The 6 days cover leadership, financial, marketing, sales and HR systems. This programme is ultimately designed to support practice managers and owners who wish to grow their business combined with the approach of enhancing your work life balance.
This course only runs once per year – book early to avoid disappointment!
Laura has been successfully working with dentists and their teams since 2005 and through her own company since 2008. She has a 'sleeves rolled up' attitude and thrives in her unique hands on style of delivery.
Michael has a business diploma in Distribution Management and has over 15 years' experience as a Practice Manager. He also has over 7 years' experience working as a Treatment Co-ordinator and is a qualified and GDC registered DCP.
Nearest tube station – Marble Arch. Walking time 5-10 minutes.
Exit marble arch to the furthest right exit, go up the stairs and then turn right again. Pret will be in front of you on your right, do not turn off the main road keep walking straight crossing the road and then crossing twice more. Stanhope Place will then be on your right.
As you turn right onto Stanhope Place off Bayswater road, Henry Schein is on your immediate right. Go through the gate and down the steps to enter the building. DO NOT follow Google maps on your phone as it takes you much further up Stanhope Place.
In a Taxi:
Most taxis coming from Kings Cross station will be coming from the other direction, past Connaught Square, so advise them to go to the bottom on Stanhope place where the road meets Bayswater Road as the building is the last one on your left from this direction.